(1) Health hazards: Inhalation of the smoke of this product can cause strong irritation of the upper respiratory tract mucosa. Mild poisoning, with symptoms of asthmatic bronchitis; severe cases have difficulty breathing, rapid breathing and pulse, elevated body temperature, cough, sputum, etc., which can develop into pulmonary edema. Direct skin contact with its titanium tetrachloride liquid can cause severe burns, and yellow pigmentation can be seen after healing.
(2) Explosion hazard: the product is non-flammable, highly toxic, highly corrosive, strong irritant, and can cause burns to the human body.
As a professional chemical enterprise, we will introduce some first-aid measures for you.
(1) Skin contact: Take off contaminated clothing immediately, and use clean cotton or cloth to absorb the liquid immediately. Rinse with plenty of running water and seek medical attention.
(2) Eye contact: Lift the eyelid immediately, rinse thoroughly with a large amount of running water or normal saline for at least 15 minutes, and seek medical attention.
(3) Inhalation: quickly leave the scene to a place with fresh air. Keep the airway unobstructed. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. If breathing stops, give artificial respiration immediately and seek medical attention.
(4) Ingestion: Rinse mouth with water, drink milk or egg white, and seek medical attention.
(1) Hazardous combustion products: chloride, titanium oxide.
(2) Fire fighting method: firefighters must wear full-body acid and alkali-resistant firefighting suits.
(3) Fire extinguishing agent: dry sand. Water is forbidden.
(1) Operation precautions
The titanium tetrachloride uses should be paid more attention. The operating environment should be airtight, with a local exhaust device. Operators must undergo special training and strictly abide by the operating procedures. It is recommended that the operator wear self-priming filter type gas mask (full face mask), wear rubber acid and alkali resistant clothing, and wear rubber acid and alkali resistant gloves. Avoid producing smoke. Prevent the release of smoke and vapor into the air of the workplace. Avoid contact with oxidants and alkalis. Particular attention should be paid to avoid contact of titanium tetrachloride with water. Be careful when handling titanium tetrachloride products to prevent damage to packaging and containers. When the equipment leaks, it should be dealt with in time. The emptied container may leave harmful substances.
(2) Precautions for storage
Titanium tetrachloride is stored in a cool, dry and well-ventilated warehouse. Keep away from fire and heat sources. The relative humidity is kept below 75%. The packaging must be sealed and protected from moisture. It should be stored separately from oxidants, alkalis, and edible chemicals, and avoid mixed storage. The titanium tetrachloride storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and suitable storage materials.
Dayu Chemical is a leading titanium tetrachloride supplier in China, contact us to know about our titanium tetrachloride price.
If you want to know more about chemicals, please pay more attention to Shaanxi Daewoo Chemical Co., Ltd. If necessary, you can contact online customer service, we will provide you with high-quality service.