Titanium tetrachloride is a covalent bond compound, and liquid titanium tetrachloride is neutral and does not dissociate. The thermal stability of titanium tetrachloride is very good, and it can be completely decomposed into Ti and Cl2 only at a high temperature of 4727℃. So, how to deal with titanium tetrachloride? The following is some relevant knowledge provided by Dayu.
Evacuate personnel from the leaked contaminated area to a safe area, and prohibit irrelevant personnel from entering the contaminated area. It is recommended that emergency response personnel wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus and wear chemical protective clothing. Do not directly touch the leakage, and stop the leakage under safe conditions. Spray water mist to slow down volatilization (or diffusion), but do not spray water directly on the leakage or the leakage point. Sprinkle the floor with soda ash, then rinse with plenty of water, and put the diluted washing water into the waste water system. If a large amount of titanium tetrachloride leaks, it is best not to treat it with water and remove it under the guidance of a technician.
In addition to taking the right measures, it is also very important to choose a reliable chemical material supplier when purchasing.
(1) Respiratory system protection. When you may be exposed to its vapor, you should wear a gas mask. Wear a gas mask when necessary.
(2) Eye protection, wear chemical safety glasses.
(3) Protective clothing, wear work clothes (made of anti-corrosion materials).
(4) Hand protection, wear rubber gloves.
(5) Others. After work, take a shower and change clothes. Store clothes contaminated with titanium tetrachloride separately and use them after washing. Maintain good hygiene.
The above is the knowledge about the treatment of titanium tetrachloride that Dayu, a titanium tetrachloride supplier, introduced to you, and I hope it will be helpful to you.
If you want to know more about chemicals, please pay more attention to Shaanxi Dayu Chemical Co., Ltd. If you have any needs, you can contact online customer service, we will provide you with quality service.